Ecco Doors are manufactured from eco friendly homogenous MDF
MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) is made from recycled and recovered wood waste that would otherwise be burned or thrown into a landfill. This allows us to make better use of our valuable natural wood resource and optimal use of each tree.
Benefits of Using MDF
- The MDF used in the manufacture of Ecco Doors contains less than 0.21 parts per million (PPM) of formaldehyde, which conforms to the voluntary standard for formaldehyde emissions. NPA 9-87
- MDF is manufactured from 86% pre consumer recycled material and utilizes 95% of each tree that is used to make the product, as opposed to 65% utilization in the case of solid lumber.
- MDF is environmentally benign. Wood products take less energy to produce, create fewer environmentally harmful by-products, can be reused or recycled, and have less environmental impact over their life-cycle than other buildings products.
- MDF is biodegradable. Wood products are completely biodegradable when their service life is done. This is not the case with metal, concrete or plastic.
- Wood is a renewable resource. MDF is made from a natural resource that is completely renewable and sustainable. Metal, concrete and plastics, on the other hand are all extracted from fixed, non-renewable resources.