Ecco Doors are manufactured from eco friendly homogenous Medium Density Fiberboard. MDF is made from recycled and recovered wood waste that would otherwise be burned or thrown into a landfill. This allows us to make better use of our valuable natural wood resource and optimal use of each tree.
Benefits of Using MDF
- The MDF used in the manufacture of Ecco Doors contains less than 0.21 parts per million (PPM) of formaldehyde, which conforms to the voluntary standard for formaldehyde emissions. NPA 9-87
- MDF is manufactured from 86% pre consumer recycled material and utilizes 95% of each tree that is used to make the product, as opposed to 65% utilization in the case of solid lumber.
- MDF is environmentally benign. Wood products take less energy to produce, create fewer environmentally harmful by-products, can be reused or recycled, and have less environmental impact over their life-cycle than other buildings products.
- MDF is biodegradable. Wood products are completely biodegradable when their service life is done. This is not the case with metal, concrete or plastic.
- Wood is a renewable resource. MDF is made from a natural resource that is completely renewable and sustainable. Metal, concrete and plastics, on the other hand are all extracted from fixed, non-renewable resources.
No Added Formaldehyde
Ecco Doors meet the national standards for formaldehyde content with less than 0.11 parts per million. Ecco Doors can also be manufactured with ULEF( Ultra Low Emission Formaldehyde) - MDF - this is an optional extra and must be requested when a job is quoted.
High Recycled Content
All Ecco doors are manufactured from Trupan MDF which contains 100% pre and/or post consumer (recycled and or recovered fiber).
All primers and adhesives are water based and have LOW VOC's.
|Materials & Resources||Product Qualifications|
|MR Credit 4.1 : Recycled Content 10%||Every Ecco Door|
|MR Credit 4.2 : Recycled Content 20%||Every Ecco Door|
|MR Credit 7.0 : Certified Wood||Optional FSC - Certified Ecco Doors|
|Indoor Environmental Quality||Product Qualifications|
|EQ Credit 4.4 : Low Emitting Materials||Specify ULEF (Ultra Low Emission Formaldehyde) or NAUF (No added Urea Formaldehyde)|
|Regional Materials||Product Qualifications|
|MR Credit 5.1 : Regional Materials 10%||Quality for most Florida Based Projects|
|MR Credit 5.2 : Regional Materials 20%||Quality for most Florida Based Projects|